FIS School Fees for 2019-2020
Fukuoka International School (FIS) is a non-profit educational institution that relies almost entirely on annual tuition fees to cover operating expenses. The school is subject not only to the increasing cost pressures of operating in Japan but also to competitive forces in the wider international schools’ market and international educational resource suppliers. Parents should therefore anticipate some level of increase in annual tuition fees, and financial donations to help enhance school programs and facilities are gratefully accepted.
Payment options are;
1. An option of 1 installment, due on the 25th August.
2. An option of 2 installments, one is due on August 25th and the other is due on December 25th
a. 1/2 of the annual tuition is due on August 25th which covers the tuition from August to December.
b. The remaining 1/2 of the annual tuition is due on December 25th covering the tuition from January to June.
3. An option of 9 installments, each installment is due on the 25th of the month from August to April.
a. 2/10 of the annual tuition on August 25th which covers the tuition for August and September.
b. The remaining tuition will be paid in 8 installments. 1/10 of the annual tuition is due on the 25th of each month until April.
c. The April payment covers the tuition for May and June.
Application Processing Fee:
The Application Processing Fee is to cover the application cost. The Application Processing Fee is due before the applicant will and is not refundable.
Admission Testing Fee:
The Admission Testing Fee is to cover the cost of the testing. The Admission Testing Fee is due before the applicant will and is not refundable. The Admission Testing Fee is only charged if the applicant needs to take the test.
The Registration Fee is to cover the initial set up of student at FIS. The Registration Fee is due on the 25th of August and is not refundable. For late enrolment the Registration Fee in full is due with the first tuition payment.
In the case that your child(ren) have been de-enrolled from FIS for a period of time, you will still be charged the current registration fee per child when your child(ren) re-enroll. However your initial registration fee will be deducted from the current registration fee.
In the case that the child enrolls at FIS during the same school year(s) as his (her) sibling(s), the Registration Fee of the 2nd child and/or subsequent child of the same family who live together will be reduced.
The registration fee will be 25 % reduced for the 2nd child, and 50 % reduced for the subsequent child.
Please provide the school office with a copy of “Juminhyou”（住民票） as a proof of being siblings.
The Facility Fee is maintain and improve the facilities at FIS. The Facility Fee is due on the 25th of August and is not refundable. For late enrolment the Facility Fee in full is due with the first tuition payment.
Accident Insurance Fee:
The Accident Insurance Fee is to cover the accident insurance of student at FIS. The Accident Insurance Fee is due on the 25th of August and is not refundable. For late enrolment the Accident Insurance Fee in full is due with the first tuition payment.
The Trip Fee is to cover the costs of the annual trips at FIS. If these annual trips do not accord or the student withdraws before the trip then this trip fee will be refunded. The trip fee is only refundable if there has not been tickets purchased on the students behalf.
The Yearbook Fee is charged to all students who enroll no later than the School’s Picture Day, and it is not refundable. Those students who enroll after this time will not be charged the Yearbook Fee. If you enter the school after the Picture Day and wish to purchase a Yearbook, please ask the school office.
• Please make the bank transfer under your child’s name in the English alphabet according to the payment schedule on the school-fee bill. The school-fee bill will be issued at the time of enrollment, or at the beginning of every school year. Please keep the bill until all your payments are completed.
• All bank charges are the payer’s responsibility.
• Unfortunately payments in cash or credit card are not accepted and automatic deductions are not available.
A school-fee receipt will be issued when all payments are received. The receipt will be mailed home. If you need a receipt before completing your payment, please contact the school office.
Late Enrollment/Early Withdrawal:
Students that arrive after the August start date or withdraw from school before the end of the school year then
• All fees except for the Tuition will be charged in full.
• Trip Fee will be refunded if the trips have not been occurred and no tickets have not been booked.
• In case of late enrollment, the tuition will be charged on a pro-rated basis.
• In the case of early withdrawal, the tuition will be charged until the last day of the month of your child’s last school day.
• In case of withdrawal in May and June, there are no refunds. In case of withdrawal, please notify the school office by submitting a “Withdrawal Form”, at least 15 days prior to your child/ren's withdrawal day.
In the case of delayed payments, the school policy does not allow the release of report cards, transcripts, letters of reference, graduation diplomas, Yearbook or any other school records to all individuals concerned. If two or more payments are delayed, then the student(s) may be subject to suspension from attending school until all delayed payments are confirmed. Until all payments of the corresponding school year are received by the school, your child(ren) will not be able to attend school the following year. Those who still have any remaining amounts and wish to re-enroll in the school will not be accepted for re-enrollment.
Application Processing Fee
20,000 yen per application
Admission Testing Fee
30,000 yen as needed
350,000 yen per student
100,000 yen per student / per year
Accident Insurance Fee
4,500 yen per student / per year
Pre-Kindergarten (3 & 4 years old)
1,309,000 yen per year
Kindergarten - Grade 5
1,331,000 yen per year
Grades 6 - 8
1,438,000 yen per year
Grades 9 - 10
1,545,000 yen per year
Grades 11 - 12
1,607,000 yen per year
Elementary (PK3 - G5)
Secondary (G6 - G12)
Pre-K - Grade 12
6,000 yen per student / per year / not refundable