As a non-profit educational institution, we rely almost entirely on annual tuition fees to cover our operating expenses. The school is subject not only to the increasing cost pressures of operating in Japan but also to competitive forces in the wider international schools’ market and international educational resource suppliers. Parents should therefore anticipate some level of increase in annual tuition fees to help enhance school programs and facilities.
The Annual Tuition Fees for the 2023/24 school year are as follows:
Pre Kindergarten (3 & 4 years old)
Kindergarten - Grade 5
Grades 6 - 8
Grades 11 - 12
Board of Directors approved fees for the 2024/2025 school year can be found here.
Students from Grade 3 to 10 are required to purchase an FIS PHE uniform top. This can be purchased through our online uniform store - where we also have several optional uniform items for sale (including sports shorts, track pants, fleeces, hoodies and house t-shirts). Our house t-shirt is not compulsory, however from time to time students will be required to wear their house colors to a school event. Many of our students choose to purchase, and wear, an FIS house t-shirt.
We have an optional lunch service available at an additional cost. Please refer to our Lunch Program page for more information.
There are three tuition fee payment options available:
- One installment, due on the 25th August.
- Two installments, one due on August 25th (covering the tuition period from August-December), and the other due on December 25th (covering the tuition period from January - June).
- Nine installments, each due on the 25th of the month from August to April. The August payment will be higher as it covers the tuition for both August and September.
Late Enrollment/Early Withdrawal:
Students that arrive after the August start date or withdraw from school before the end of the school year then
• All fees except for the Tuition will be charged in full.
• In case of late enrollment, the tuition will be charged on a pro-rated basis.
• In the case of early withdrawal, the tuition will be charged until the last day of the month of your child’s last school day.
• In case of withdrawal in April, May and June, there are no refunds. In case of withdrawal, please notify the school office by submitting a “Withdrawal Form”, at least 15 days prior to your child/ren's withdrawal day.
In the case of delayed payments, the school policy does not allow the release of report cards, transcripts, letters of reference, graduation diplomas, Yearbook or any other school records to all individuals concerned. If two or more payments are delayed, then the student(s) may be subject to suspension from attending school until all delayed payments are confirmed. Until all payments of the corresponding school year are received by the school, your child(ren) will not be able to attend school the following year. Those who still have any remaining amounts and wish to re-enroll in the school will not be accepted for re-enrollment.
Tuition payment must be made via bank transfer as per the following instructions:
• Please make the bank transfer under your child’s name in the English alphabet according to the payment schedule on the school-fee bill. The school-fee bill will be issued at the time of enrollment, or at the beginning of every school year. Please keep the bill until all your payments are completed.
• All bank charges are the payer’s responsibility.
• Cash, credit card and automatic bank account deductions are not acceptable payment options.
Can we help?
Contact our Admissions Team on +81-92-841-7601, or use our inquiry form.