Welcome to the FIS Community!
We are so happy that you're here. This page has been put together as a guide for new parents to make this transition as smooth as possible.
We understand that transitioning to a new school, and especially a new location, can be difficult for the whole family. We recommend you check out this video for some advice on managing the transition process. Our school team (in particular our guidance counselor) are here to support your child/children if they are having any difficulties adjusting.
New Parent Checklist
There are several tasks that we ask every new parent to complete before their child begins school.
1. Sign and submit Parent Code of Conduct
- All parents are required to read and sign our Parent Code of Conduct each year.
- After signing the Code of Conduct, please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with you on your child's first day.
Please note that your child will go through the Student Code of Conduct with their homeroom teacher on their first day.
2. Log into ManageBac
- FIS uses ManageBac for communication, attendance, school reports, upcoming events and curriculum information. It is important that parents log in to this system regularly.
- You will receive a welcome message from ManageBac containing your personal login instructions ahead of your child's first day.
- Once you have received your login information, please log in and take some time to familiarize yourself with the system. If you have any issues please contact Kensuke Akai, IT Manager.
Parent Student Handbook
Everything you need to know ahead of your child's first day you should be able to find in our Parent Student Handbook. We recommend you make your way through the handbook to get a feel for the school and our policies and procedures.
Some of the key information that we think will be particularly helpful ahead of your child's first day has been summarized below:
Connect with other parents through our PTA
The FIS PTA is a wonderful social network for FIS families. Parents are always welcome to help out at events, attend bi-annual meetings or join the executive committee. We encourage all of our new parents to join our PTA Facebook page to help them connect with other FIS parents online. To find out more about the PTA please click here.
Your key contacts at FIS
Head of Admissions
Athletics & Activities Director
Elementary School Assistant Principal
Middle School Assistant Principal
High School Assistant Principal
View a full list of who to contact in various situations here.