Thank you for your interest in Fukuoka International School (FIS). Please review our process for application. If you have any questions please contact the office. The process time varies depending on the student’s grade level. The Head of School looks forward to meeting you and your child.
Step 1. Please submit the following documents to the admissions office by email or mail:
- Application Form with 2 photos (2 x 3 cm) (one for the application form, the other is for a student ID card.)
- Medical History Form
- Transcript Release Form (high school only)
- School Records for the past two years including the one from the current school year if available, and an official transcript (high school only) from the previous school(s) attended. An official transcript must be mailed to FIS directly from the previous school(s). If the school records are not in English, an English translation is requested.
- Confidential School Recommendation Form (This must be mailed to FIS directly from your child’s current school.)
- A copy of all passport(s) or any documents which verify applicant’s birth date and landing permission, immigration status, period of stay such as residence card.
Note: An official dependent visa is required in order for expatriate students to attend FIS. We do not accept students with temporary visitor visa. The school's mission is to serve the international community legally living in Japan for work.
Step 2. Payment of Application Processing fee must be made.
Note: The applicant will only be reviewed once the Application Processing fee is received.
<Fukuoka International School bank account>
Fukuoka Bank, Fujisaki Branch
"Futsu" account No. 1187407
Account Holder's Name: Gakkou Houjin Fukuoka Kokusai Gakuen
- Please remit payment in the applicant’s name.
- Cash payment is accepted.
- All bank service charges are the responsibility of payer.
- Please be sure to inform the school office of your bank transfer date.
Step 3. Testing of English and Mathematics proficiency may be required.
Note: The Head of Admission will inform the family regarding testing after the review of the application documents.
Step 4. The Admission Interview with the Head of School, family and applicant.
Note: The final decision on admission will be given at this time. If there is a question regarding admission the Head of Admission will let the family know before the meeting.