The mission of Fukuoka International School is to create a dynamic learning environment in which students can be educated to high international academic standards. We strive to be a model of unity in diversity in which the individual is respected and each student is challenged at his/her own level.
We believe this can be best accomplished by;
- nurturing a spirit of inquiry and self-motivation in learning;
- developing students' analytical, critical and creative thinking ability;
- teaching skills required for life in the future;
- cultivating a strong sense of self worth and respect for others.
"Inspirational high quality education for the future globally minded citizen"
Our Expected School-wide Learning Results
Commonly referred to as the ESLR's or 5 C's, these goals bind with the IB Learner Profile to exemplify the traits we recognize as integral in a well-rounded FIS graduate and world citizen.
FIS students will exchange and articulate ideas clearly, creatively and effectively by;
- Using appropriate language to express themselves orally in formal and informal conditions.
- Applying appropriate techniques to communicate in writing.
- Presenting ideas using a variety of media.
- Striving for proficiency in English
FIS students will demonstrate self-motivation in learning by;
- Setting and adhering to challenging educational and personal goals.
- Raising meaningful questions that extend learning.
- Initiating projects that demonstrate individual creativity and appropriate risk taking.
- Reading and reflecting on information from a variety of sources.
FIS students will apply knowledge and skills by;
- Evaluating ideas from multiple perspectives.
- Selecting and applying appropriate problem-solving strategies.
- Connecting learning to other disciplines and to the world outside the classroom.
- Contributing to solutions of community and worldwide issues.
FIS students will exhibit awareness of self and others by;
- Valuing physical, social, and emotional health.
- Taking responsibility for their own actions and making responsible decisions.
- Recognizing personal strengths and areas needing improvement.
- Demonstrating integrity in all aspects of their lives.
FIS students will contribute positively to society by;
- Showing respect for the perspectives of other individuals and cultures.
- Working collaboratively towards a common goals.
- Engaging in acts of charity and community service to benefit others.
- Honoring the role of family.